18 March 2015

Rita Ora for Rimmel

Bring on the nail polishes, this one’s a goodie.

I don’t really know much about Rita Ora if I’m going to be honest. I know a few songs she’s sang, but that’s about it. Regardless, I am familiar with her face and her look. That girl rocks a red lip like no other! I’ve seen pictures of her in magazines and I always adore her makeup- flawless.
I went out looking for some good inexpensive beauty finds and found these on the bottom shelf of the Rimmel aisle. I think the pastel mint and pink are what drew me in, but the 60 second drying time caught my attention most. I hate waiting for polish to dry. I mean, what do you do? Should you wobble around the house or just sit there like a limp piece of cardboard? It’s uncomfortable and I quite frankly would rather be making a cup of tea, thank you. I purchased these polishes for I believe $1.99. You can find it cheaper or pricier depending on where you live and where you shop. I want to say that I have all of the polishes but two from this collection. The ones I did not buy were a classic red and a cobalt blue.
clockwise from the top:
  • Rita Rouge
  • Breakfast In Bed
  • Let’s Get Nude
  • Lose Your Lingerie
  • Orgasm
Clearly, she has a theme going on. Since I don’t know much about Rita Ora, I’m going to go out on a whim here and guess she likes to go for the whole sexy thing? Just a guess though.
 alright, let’s talk colors:
Rita Rouge is a dark burgundy color. I have many shades like this and I won’t stop buying them any time soon. I like to classify this kind of color as a staple any time, any where – perfect. Breakfast In Bed is what lured me in. It’s a mint, yes, but a slightly shimmery pastel mint. The shimmer isn’t evident once you’ve painted it on and is only visible if you look really closely. Let’s Get Nude, a beige cream color, is the only one I’ve had a bit of trouble with when applying. It’s just a tad streaky. Lose Your Lingerie, a pastel pink with a hint of shimmer similar to Breakfast In Bed, is probably my favorite. I’ve never been able to find a pastel pink that was both flattering and non streaky. Last, Orgasm, is a vivid orange. I can see myself wearing this in the summer time. It’s almost a reddish orange, but very bright!
application:
Applying these gems was awesome. The brush is similar to OPI’s in that it’s a nice fat brush that fits the nail pretty easily. I do find that larger brushes can be messier, but it does help. All of the colors are opaque and went on smoothly, except Let’s Get Nude which needed a little more work. I didn’t find that any really needed a second coat though, which was great. As the bottle states, these polishes dry super fast! By the time I was ready to move on to the next hand or foot, the other was already dry! Quick drying, opaque, and smooth. I tell ya, that’s the way into my heart.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig