13 March 2015

The Haul | Sephora (Again)

It’s a little one today, but I’ve got some things to say about these two..

It is said to be true that you can find me flicking my finger left, right, up, and down with a glowing screen reflecting onto my tired aching eyes late into the nights. What exactly am I doing? Well, if I’m not catching up on YouTube videos, then I’m most likely scrolling through Pinterest or Sephora. Yes, I am well aware that in order to get a good night’s sleep you shouldn’t bring your phone into bed with you, but some nights I just can’t yank myself away. With Spring rushing toward us in what feels like seconds, makeup companies are shooting out new collections left and right. It usually tends to stay in the realm of bright hues and lighter formulas. As I was scrolling through the ‘What’s New’ category on Sephora like a makeup addicted zombie, two products called my name. One, a rather hyped up hybrid between a lip stain and a lip oil, and the other a popular blush in a new Spring hue.

The much hyped up YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil was the one I was most excited about. I have been hearing plenty of hype surrounding this product and didn’t think the price was worth it but once Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup mentioned it in a post, I couldn’t refuse. Because my mind is strange, I thought I had to choose the boldest color to justify buying it. If it turned out to be incredibly sheer, why pay so much, y’know? I bought the color Cherry My Cherie 05 which I assumed would be more on the red side but turned out be a fairly vibrant pink. So here’s the deal, this stuff is crazy cool in that it transforms after you’ve applied it and creates a stain that lasts for quite a while. The oil aspect of it, though, didn’t turn out to be hydrating like I assumed and actually kept me reaching for a lip balm. Another thing to note is the strong melon scent upon application. It reminds me of Bonne Bell lip glosses but it’s not a negative factor unless you don’t like fragrance. I think, if the idea intrigues you and you have the budget, try it out. Otherwise, you could technically create the same effect if you just used a regular lip stain like the Revlon Just Bitten stain and then topped it with a lip oil like the Aquafina Hydrating Lip Oil.

The second thing I bought was extremely random and I only bought it due to the reviews online. You see, I have to rely heavily on reviews and swatches online because the nearest Sephora store is a whopping hour and a half away. Reviews claimed it was a pretty naturally glowing cheek color. Great! I clicked “Order” and was pleased. Later in the week I was actually able visit this foreign Sephora located in distant lands. Immediately, I ran to the Tarte stand and swatched the blush. (Spoiler: the blush is from Tarte) It was- for lack of a better word- disappointing. Chalky, little flecks of glitter, and almost skin toned. “Great,” I thought. I was going to have to return it. Here’s the surprise factor with this blush. Whatever you do, do not rely on the swatch! Once the Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Celebrated (whew, long name) arrived on my front porch, I ran to apply it. I might be taking a big leap when saying this, but this might just be a new favorite. Forget the swatch, this transforms on the cheeks into a gorgeous natural and luminous flush. It sounds too good to be true but no, it’s magic. For the first Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush I’ve ever purchased, I think it made a good impression. Can’t wait to check out more shades!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig