20 November 2014

Autumn Lip Hues


With Autumn comes the sudden change in the colors around us.
The swipe of a new shade of lipstick may be just what’s needed to get into the autumnal mood.

I don’t know what it is about this year, but I’ve been feeling quite bold with my makeup. Though I’ve always loved a classic red lip I’ve never been able to build the courage to wear it out without feeling way overdressed. Reds are fun though, as are berries. The first jump into wearing them I felt uncomfortable and as the day progressed I started thinking, “You know what, I like bold lips. As long as I feel good that’s really all that matters.” Red lip? No problem, wear it! Deep burgundy lip? Do it. That’s been my motto and I have to say, it’s been refreshing.

 Berries

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Mauve It Over is probably the lipstick I’ve had the longest out all of these picks. It’s a really pretty deep mauve plum color. I love to dab it on and blend out for a nice berry stain or full on with L’Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss in Really Rosé layered on top. Fresh Sugar Berry has been an everyday staple in my bag lately. I used to be obsessed over the Rose color but ever since I’ve tried this, it’s my new favorite. It’s one of those apply it and go colors – hassle free. My newest purchase is Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in Parisian, this specific product is so nice for longevity. It’s definitely on the more dark burgundy color spectrum but not on the vampy side of things. Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Menace is gorgeous. This is more on the vampy side but so flattering and goes perfectly with a natural eye and a big fluffy white scarf.

Reds

A little while back Revlon released a collection of older discontinued lipsticks ranging back to the 50s, 80s and so on. I snatched up Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fifth Avenue Red and I’ve gotta say, color-wise, it’s probably one of the most flattering reds in my collection. Last and saved last for a reason, Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw. Oh. My. Word. Absolutely stunning classic red color. It’s super long-lasting meaning I tried to wipe it off with a tissue and nothing budged. Nothing. It stays put. The doe foot applicator is perfect for shaping the lips and the color dries to a nice matte finish. I only have one other matte red in my collection and this one takes the cake by far. I have got to try some of the other colors in this line. Points to Kat Von D!
So, after the hoards of products mentioned (what can I say I’m a bit of a lip product junkie) that concludes all of the colors I have been reaching for and highly recommend for this time of year.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig