03 November 2014

That Time of Year

As I write this, I feel this sense of utter excitement. October has come and gone and now the holidays awaits us. It’s Autumn. The air is a little more crisp. The clothes are a little more cozy. Hot tea and cider become daily staples. The smell of freshly baked pies, cookies, and homemade soups fill the house as the fireplace crackles. Sometimes, I find myself standing outside just to breath in the air, feel the chill on my nose, and watch as every breath produces a cloud of frost. This is my favorite time of year, if you haven’t guessed. I watch countless movies about love, family, and of course, Santa Claus (or Father Christmas for others.) The thick fur blankets come out from hiding and slippers with fuzzy socks are worn. Present planning, buying, and wrapping all have a tight deadline. Lights twinkle everywhere from the neighborhood, to the shops, to your own Christmas tree. I like staying up late leaving nothing but the tree lights on just to watch them reflect on everything around me. It’s such an enchanting time of year. Welcome, holiday season, I’ve missed you quite a lot.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig