11 November 2014

This vs That: Cleansing Oils & Facial Wipes


Taking off your makeup. Many stand by their own technique. Today I am here to give you my two cents.

Ah facial wipes, they’ve accumulated such a huge following haven’t they? I will admit to owning two packs of facial wipes, both by Ole Henriksen (Grease Relief & The Clean Truth), however I hardly use them if I’m honest. I bought them before my trip to Korea thinking I’d use them more whilst traveling but nope, my cleansing balm was more loved. Wipes are handy to have for workouts or in a pinch but I find them very dehydrating. Cleansing balms and oils, on the other hand, are a saving grace. All the dirt and grime of the day washes off leaving your skin hydrated and completely makeup free – lovely. I always follow up with my actual cleanser after but the cleansing oils are what take the cake. I know, if you have oily or breakout-prone skin you’re probably ready to scroll on but hear me out first! In high school I had more oily skin as opposed to my now combo skin and I avoided oils like the plague for the longest time until just a few years ago. It’s life changing. Most of the time, when people have oily skin, they try to dry out their skin as much as possible. It then tries to compensate for the loss of oil and thus you’re left with an even worse mess than when you began. When you use cleansing oils and facial oils, it hydrates and balances things out. Try it out and see if it makes a difference. If you’re washing all of the cleansing oil off properly there really shouldn’t be a problem. As for actual facial oils, find one that suits you and give it a go! I can’t live without those either.

I should note that I’m no expert so if you want more skincare advice from an actual professional, check out Caroline Hirons! Her blog is awesome if you’re wanting to know more about skincare.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig