02 September 2014

Traveling Near & Far

I am back from vacation! Tan lines, plenty of vitamin D, and summery makeup is what I have to gain.
I realize that I have been M.I.A. on the blog for a little while now but if you check out my other social media sites, there are a few pictures of my adventures.  So, back to the question: Where have I been?! Well, June – July was pretty busy for me and all at once, too. I know it’s the end of August now, but summer just seems to take away time!

This was my summer:

 First off, I went to stay in Waldport, OR with my family at a rental beach home. I had a blast! There’s something about the family getting together that makes simpler things seem so much more fun.

Shortly after that I was preparing for my two week stay in Hawai’i visiting my college roommates-turned best friends-turned “sisters.” Immediately upon arrival we had a “stay-cation” at one of the hotels along Waikiki Beach for a couple of days and then returned to the other side of the island where I would be saying the rest of the trip. We rode a catamaran, went camping, and had loads of fun. After barely returning I was already having major withdrawals of the sandy beaches, Hawaiian food (two words: poke bowls), reggae music, and being with my friends. Hawai’i, I’m coming back for you.

Then, a few days after my return from Hawai’i, my grandma, my great aunt, and their friend visited for a week. It was really nice to see my grandma again seeing as she lives across the country and also to meet my great aunt for the first time!
Hopefully that explains things a bit for you guys. I intend to jump right back into the weekly posts and maybe throw in my first tutorial, who knows!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig