12 September 2014

The Skincare | 2

Now things get really glamorous, and by glamorous I mean deep mythical monster glamour.
You know, pampering in a bubble bath with candles, maybe some music and tea.. and then a scary green, white or even worse black crust on your face.
Sounds attractive.

The Treatments


Here are just a few treatments I’ve been using. I have an entire stash of treatments from masks to peels that I just couldn’t bare to show you all – you know out of embarrassment of my addiction. The first two masks are both from Mario Badescu who I highly recommend. Like a good best friend, I lean on this brand when I don’t know where else to turn. The first mask, Mario Badescu Whitening Mask does exactly what it says. Not whitening per se, but it lightens problematic areas like hyper-pigmentation or dark spots (which I don’t have yet, thank goodness.) I don’t know if it’s normal, but I find that I get a bit of a sting when I first put it on. Regardless, its done its job well and I love to use it the day after I’ve used the PMD for an extra hyper-pigmentation punch.
The other mask, Mario Badescu Healing & Soothing Mask is also pretty self explanatory. If you’ve been a little too harsh on your skin and attacked it with products, first off, take a step back and give your skin some room to breathe, and then try out this mask. It never hardens like clay masks but stays pretty creamy. I find that it calms things down a bit, nothing dramatic but just some pure “ahhh-ness.” That made sense right?
Lastly, and probably my current favorite is the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Formula. I picked this up when Sephora was having that big $15 and under sale over the summer. This little guy makes my pores so happy. It makes me happy. It makes my makeup application happy. It’s just one big happy fest after using him. Yet again, I do not use this product immediately after I use the PMD or derma roller or even the day after, as that would just be too much. But when I do use it, dryness is gone, product goes on like buttah and it’s just bliss. In fact, I might use this tonight. Treat yo self, right? Yes, I just said that, out loud as well.

Next up: Oils, Serums, & Toners.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig