25 February 2015

The Review | Too Faced Semi-Sweet Palette

Smells like chocolate, ’nuff said.

the good:

Like the first palette, this palette is also strongly centered around chocolate. It smells like chocolate, looks like chocolate, and the names are sweet related. Yum. Every time I open one of the Chocolate Palettes I can’t help but smell the lush chocolate scent. These neutral colors are right up my alley, too. At first glance it can seem like a boring basic palette but it’s actually pretty awesome! I think comparing this one to the first, I might just prefer this one. There’s a gorgeous bronze, taupe, even an orange-brown called “Peanut Butter.” Blueberry Swirl (that crazy blue smack dab in the middle) is also insanely pretty. I don’t even like blue shades but that one creates a more modern smokey eye. As like all Too Faced shadows, these are pigmented, smooth, and blend beautifully.

the bad:

When I first opened this palette and still up to this day, the mirror falls out. Weird right? Every now and then the little semi-sweet chocolate mirror will unstick from the pan and I have to press it back on. I find that a little annoying and slightly cheap packaging but that doesn’t actually affect the product itself. As for the eyeshadows, two colors in particular are not so great. One is “eh” and the other is “wow, not good.” The large cream color on the top called Coconut Cream is a nice base color or subtle brow highlight but overall, the pigmentation is lacking. I tried swatching and it barely showed up on my hand. The other color that leaves more to be desired is Pink Sugar (that really light pink color right beneath Coconut Cream.) Pink Sugar is a sparkly pink color. The rest of the palette is buttery smooth and pigmented… all except this color that is. I’m sorry to bash, but that color is just bad. When swatched it is powdery, crumbly, contains chunks of glitter, and not pigmented whatsoever. I don’t think I will ever use this color to be honest.

the verdict:

All right, the results are in. Many people online have been giving opposing reviews. It’s either a hit or a miss it seems. For me, my verdict is that . . . I love this! The crumbly Pink Sugar and eh Coconut Cream colors are not bad enough to make me dislike the rest of the palette. I could create numerous looks with this and always be satisfied. This is a great palette to take away on travels as you have everything you need from a black, to a blending shade, to a highlight. Plus, I just can’t get over that chocolate scent. It’s making me hungry thinking of it right now. Ah, so good! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig