23 February 2015

The Skincare | 4

It’s about time to talk about some new skincare favorites. I stay consistent with what type of products I use in my regimen but I like to alternate between different brands and the latest and whatnot. Here’s how my routine usually goes:

cleansing balm // cleanser // acidic toner // hydrating spray // eye cream // serum &/or oil // moisturizer or retinol.

1. Philosophy Help Me is a retinol treatment. I used the Kate Somerville RetAsphere before this and wanted something a little less pricey. This is a great price for a retinol and you only need a pea sized amount for your whole face. I love this stuff! Ever since using it I’ve noticed more smoothness and brightness.
2. I received the Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel in a Murad kit on Sephora. This serum stood out for me because of how clarifying it is. The texture is a bit weird and slightly tacky at first so that took some getting used to. Whenever I use this, I notice my skin looks smoother and my pores look smaller (though pores can’t actually shrink) in the morning. Great stuff.
3. Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion also came in the Murad kit and I am already preparing to buy the full size. It’s just a great simple moisturizer. It hydrates but it’s not greasy. Awesome. I also noticed that it contains retinol as well- bonus points!
4. Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum is a newbie from this month. Mario Badescu never disappoints. I haven’t found an item in the line that I have disliked to be honest. This serum is a little thicker than others but it blends right in. It’s hydrating but also great for spots as it contains salicylic acid. Will have to test it out for a bit longer to see how well it works overall but for now I’m loving it.
5. I saved the best for last. Believe it or not, this is my second tub of the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel PadsThe first was the 20 pad jar and I just upgraded to the 90 pad jar. This lasts double as long as well as I prefer to cut them in half. I can’t even explain how much I love these things. As soon as I was getting close to empty on my first tub I began to panic and had to order online ASAP, it was that urgent. These are hydrating but so great at exfoliating the skin and making the overall appearance brighter and dewy. My skin isn’t really sensitive and is pretty well acquainted with acids so this does not bother my skin whatsoever. I could go on and on, but basically, I will most definitely repurchase and repurchase for a while.

So those are my current skincare favorites ranging from an acid that does some serious retexturizing to a lightweight hydrating moisturizer. Being a skincare obsessor, I’d love to know what are your favorite skincare products? I’m talking holy grail here.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig